How I Can Help You
Idea Sparking Explained
Webster's New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition is a good place to start: spark (spärk) n. 1 a glowing bit of matter, esp. one thrown off by a fire 2 any flash or sparkle of light like this 3 a tiny beginning or vestige, as of life, interest, excitement, etc.; particle or trace 4 liveliness; vivacity —vi. 1 to make or throw off sparks 2 to come forth as or like sparks [I'd add
3 to kindle an idea 4 to ignite interest in setting off on your own quest] —vt. to serve as the activating or animating influence of or in; stir up; activate —spark'er n.
Think of me as an activating and animating influence and this website as a place to stir you up and set you off on your own next quest! Here are just some of the ways I hope Your Next Quest can help:
Your Next Quest Chronicles
My free monthly e-newsletter, where you'll regularly stories and news to take with you your journey in these features:
Quest Maker Interviews
Quest Makers are women in their 40’s or beyond who declared “now it’s my time” and set off to realize their dreams. You’ll be inspired by the insights they've gleaned on their own journeys. Click here for archived issues
Sometimes it’s a quote, an idea explored, an insight gained, an obstacle vanquished, a triumph relished. It’s the nugget from the Quest Maker interview that gifts me with what James Joyce called an epiphany, what Oprah calls an “Aha!” moment, what scientists think of as “Eureka!” It’s where I draw on my own personal experience.
Unless you're Superwoman, a journey doesn’t begin and end with a single bound. It happens incrementally—one next step at a time. With its questions and exercises, a Journal Sparker can provide a chance for reflection or suggest a next step to take on your journey to where you want to be.
To sign up to receive Your Next Quest Chronicles, scroll to the top of the page and enter your primary email address in the opt in box.
Quest Making Resources
I'm a reader and whenever I want to learn something new, solve a problem or explore an idea, I turn to words. Words fire me up and get me thinking in new directions. On the Resources and Events page, you’ll find books to read, tools to use, newsletters to subscribe to, websites to visit. That's not all! I'll be regularly adding anything or anyone I discover who can help you embark—and stay—on the path you’ve chosen!
Your Idea Sparker Consultant
Most of the time what I do can be covered in a single phone consultation, unlike a coach who works with you over a long period of time. We'll brainstorm ideas to get you started on your "next quest." I'll be able to help you explore these questions:
- How do you discover your “right livelihood” and live your ideal life?
- How do you zero in on what your "next quest" will be—be it personal or professional?
- How do you find ways to make your dream real?
- How do you figure out what next actions will get you started on that path?
If these are questions you've asked yourself and ones you'd like help answering, then you're in the right place! Here's how I can help:
I work with clients over the phone. I also offer weekend consultations.
1. Our consultation will consist of one 90-minute session.
2. Before our session, I'll send you a complimentary copy (normally $19.95) of Finding Your True Calling, edited by Valerie Young, and ask you to complete some exercises to help us develop a guide for Your Next Quest.
3. You'll return the completed exercises before the session so that I can prepare for our call. I'll review them. You'll be on my mind as I let ideas spark. I may explore the Internet, make some phone calls or delve into resources I already have.
4. On our call, I'll ask clarifying questions. We'll also do a live exercise together and begin talking about what you want in your life and what you have now.
5. We'll brainstorm ways to turn your unique gifts and interests and the assets you already have into income streams or into next steps you can take as you launch your own voyage of discovery.
6. After the consultation, you'll receive:
- Your personalized Your Next Quest Guide with information and resources I've pulled together and Internet links to what I've discovered.
- A recording of the session in MP3 format so you can refer to it whenever you like.
- A complimentary subscription to Your Next Quest Chronicles, my free monthly e-newsletter.
7. By the end of our call, you'll have at least 2 great idea(s) to help you on your journey.
Reaching your personal summit doesn’t happen in a single bound from the ground to the peak. The journey happens, one next action at a time. It often doesn’t happen alone, either. Explorers in unfamiliar territory rely on scouts to guide them up the paths or around obstacles. You can too.
Your Next Quest Check-in is a 30-minute phone consultation with me. Being accountable to someone can be a powerful motivation to take the next action that will bring you closer to your goal. During your check-in, we’ll talk about your progress and discuss what steps you can take next on your personal expedition.
If you live in the Boston area, I periodically offer lifeshops for like-minded women. A " Next Quest" lifeshop is a fabulous gift to give yourself or your friends in celebration of a milestone birthday.
Start the journey to where you want to be
If you’d like to learn more, call me for a free 15-minute consultation. I can answer any questions you may have, and together, we can talk about what it would be like to work together to get you where you want to be.